Thursday, December 05, 2013

December Daily: Ladies' Christmas Fellowship


One of the highlights of our ladies' year is our Christmas Fellowship. One of our ladies graciously opens her home to us each year, and we all converge on her house to enjoy a long evening of fun and fellowship. The party is basically the same every year: we eat, play some Christmas-themed games, have a devotion, then have a "white elephant" gift exchange. I took a few pictures to share with you, with a little explanation wherever it might be needed.

Decor and Food



Our Hostess


Playing Games

We had to draw what the game leader told us to - but we couldn't look!
In case you're wondering, we each drew a fireplace scene, complete with mantle, candle, fire, and basket, with sticker gifts added.



I'm hoping these two videos will work. This game was the most fun of the evening. It's called Holiday Sausages, and the object is to ask a member of the opposite team a question, which she then answers as "holiday sausages," no matter what the question is, without smiling or laughing. 
It. Was. Hilarious! 
The first video is of our most beloved "Baba," who is able to dish out as good as she gets, and usually has her own spin to add. We were not disappointed with her performance!
The second video is a newly-married gal who met her husband online. His screen name was the question here . . . 
The most laughing was done by the teams asking the questions, but none of us broke down and smiled or laughed when it was our turn - even I was able to answer with a straight face that my first grandchild's name will be "Holiday Sausages!" We ended with a tie-breaker in which we informed our game leader that Pastor's most recent sermon was entitled . . . Holiday Sausages!

Gifts




Day 5 Scripture:
"And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth, To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary. And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women."
~~ Luke 1:26-28 ~~

6 comments:

  1. How fun...it looks like a beautiful time of fun, food, and fellowship! makes me wish that there were a group of gals I could do the same thing with. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a blessing to have a group of ladies who are good friends and love to do things together. We have a small church, and most of these ladies have been here much longer than my husband and I have (3 years), so there are strong ties among them. But they welcome newcomers in willingly - they're a great group!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a fun evening!

    That game sounds fun. :) I couldn't get the videos to play though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hugely fun!!! I was so afraid I'd crack, but when they said, "When Sam & Juliana have a baby, what will they name it?" something welled up within me and I was fighting for my grandbaby's name! LOL ;) I wish I knew how to get those videos to play. I may have to export them to YouTube and then embed them. I just didn't want to go to the trouble. I'm lazy like that!

      Delete
  3. Looks like fun! (I don't think I will be introducing that "Holiday Sausages" game to our group, though :). They have enough fun with the Yankee Swap to make up for it.) The refreshments and decor looked so festive. I especially like the tree in the middle of the refreshment table. Our ladies' fellowship is Tuesday evening and will be at our pastor's home. It is much nicer in a home. We always get quite a few visitors for this event. Thanks for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you should play the Sausages game, Mrs. T!!!! It's way fun! ;) We do the Yankee Swap too. The tree in the middle of the refreshment table was made by the hostess, and it was so pretty no one ate any of the fruit from it till the end, when we all realized we should eat it to keep that fruit from going to waste!

      We do all of our ladies' fellowship meetings in people's homes. The reason is because we rent our church building, and we've had some scheduling problems with the church who owns our building - so it's easier not to even use our building at all. And now we've found that we enjoy having it in homes because it IS nicer and more cozy. We also invite visitors for our Christmas fellowship. They always seem to enjoy it.

      Delete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin