Thursday, March 13, 2014

An Answer To Prayer

It's been a busy week full of exciting things! We're beginning to see everything come together for our church's move to the area of Kelowna called Rutland. Wes has ordered curtain panels and frames to use for "walls" in the gym of the school where we'll meet. The men have had their first moving session, transferring some literature and office equipment to the new facility. We're beginning to spread the word in Rutland that we're moving over here. We've been discussing nursery options and making arrangements for new blankets and toys for our littles. So many exciting things are going on right now!



You are looking at an answer to prayer!

If you've followed my blog for the past few years, you know that we moved out of a spacious house in a quiet neighborhood into a tiny two-bedroom condo on the main route through town almost three years ago. Condo living, it turns out, is not our cup of tea. Nor is main-street business-district living. So last year we began to pray about finding a house again, and we really wanted it to be at least in a quieter neighborhood closer to the outskirts of town. And deep in my heart, I wanted a single-family home. We aren't above living in a house with a basement suite, or in a condo or a duplex (we've lived in all of those for the past 10 years), but I do enjoy my quiet and privacy. So I asked the Lord to allow us to find a home that would be just ours.


I have to admit, my faith wavered many times as we waited and prayed for the Lord's will. I knew in my innermost heart that God was allowing us to move again, but the hunt wasn't going well. Most houses here, even the smallest ones that aren't even single-family homes, rent for around $1,500-$2,000 per month. We are paying a little less than the lower end of that range for our current apartment, and we knew we couldn't pay more. To find a house at the rental price we currently pay seemed impossible.

Last Friday, though, Wes texted me while I was grocery shopping. There was a single-family house for rent, 15 minutes from where we currently live, and it was the exact same price we are paying now! And it was in the country! He had made an appointment with the owner to view it the next afternoon.

We drove through the country and up the mountain a bit to this house, and when we walked in, it felt like home. It's a modest house - no fancy finishings, but completely adequate for us. There's a creek on one side of the house, and the neighbor's pasture with horses on the other side. The owner tells us that the deer wander through the yard in the spring and summer, following the creek. There's a large deck and trees surrounding the house. We'll still be just 15 minutes from church and most of our church members. The bottom level contains the master bedroom and ensuite bath, a laundry room, and a small living area. Upstairs, there's the open kitchen/dining/living area, two more bedrooms, and a bath. Outside is a full-length front porch, as you can see, and a large deck off the kitchen upstairs. We'll pick up the key on April 15th, and I'll take some pictures of the inside then, while it's still empty.

The Lord has given us the desire of our hearts: to live in our own house in the country, but still close to town. In addition to moving our church, we'll be moving our home in the next 6 weeks. Lord willing, we'll be in our new home by May 1st! I really don't know how blogging will fit in with moving a church and a house, but I will post whenever I can. I'm also trying to keep my Etsy shop running during the move. And there's my sister's wedding at the end of the month! I'll post as often as I can, and try to keep you up to date on everything that's going on.

"Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you." I Peter 5:7

"Delight thyself also in the LORD, and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart." Psalm 37:4

"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." Philippians 4:6

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow! How exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can hardly wait to move into the house, but there's so much to do to get ready!

      Delete
  2. Praising the Lord with you, Susan!!!! How exciting! I love to watch God work out details in our lives, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was very exciting! LOL We looked at ads for months, and then this one just popped up last Friday, we saw it on Saturday, and the owner accepted our application Saturday night. It was so quick. The Lord just paved the way in front of us! :)

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to see the inside! I love it from the outside! So happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had asked if I could take some pictures when we put the deposit on the house, so I could have some to look at to plan furniture placement and stuff, and also to share on here. It's really not a fancy house at all - which actually suits us very much - but I'm looking forward to fluffing it up and making my new nest!

      Delete
  4. OK, so here's the post I missed about new lodgings. Wow! So neat how the Lord provided! It sounds so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we're going to enjoy it a lot! The Lord has been so good. I have a post working up in my head about a lesson I learned last week in my Bible study that proved itself with this house! ;)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations, Susan! I'm so excited for you. Y'all DO have a lot going on with two moves! Wish i could get together with you when you're in SC. I'll be going to pick up Granny either last weekend in March or first weekend in April...not definite yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise the Lord-love to hear the encouraging circumstances of other Christians. Congrads. We moved to town in the pines but we were use to being in a private area. It takes some getting use to it, but we are so thankful for the low rent we pay and close to helping our son take care of his kids every other week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to read my ramblings and leave a comment! I appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin